Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Red Mountain Stormy Sky (Monotype)

Red Mountain Stormy Sky (Monotype) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is the first of four prints I made in last night's printmaking class at Red Brick. I made using with two plates, one inked with blue and one with red. I tried to create texture with some cut paper, but that technique didn't work because the printing press flattened the paper so much than none of the ink came through. But instead of giving up, I revised my idea in mid-stream, and actually added blue ink to the plate while it was still in the press! This was clearly the most frustrating of the four prints I made last night, and it is probably also the least successful from a visual standpoint. But I learned a lot from doing it, and I am glad I decided to keep going.

No comments: