Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ghost Print of Mountains with Sky and Grid (Monotype)

Ghost Print of Mountains and Sky with Grid (Monotype) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is the second of three prints that I made in Tuesday night's printmaking class at Red Brick. After I made the first print (Mountains and Sky with Grid, posted here yesterday), I could see that there was still a good amount of ink left on the plate, so I decided to try making a ghost print from the plate. (A ghost print is a print made from the ink remaining on a plate after it has been printed). This is the result: the same imagery with softer colors. I was experimenting with adding texture. I created the grid with pieces of netting, and the pattern remained on the plate after I removed the net. I didn't know if the grid pattern would show up in the ghost print, but I was glad to see that it did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to think some far-out transparent space ship is sailing over your mountains. No, I've not been smoking or eating anything funny -- unless matzo counts!
Love, Minka