Friday, April 18, 2008

Patterns on the Mountains (Monotype)

Patterns on the Mountains (Monotype) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is the third print from Tuesday night's printmaking class at Red Brick. I am using the mountains (Colorado Rockies) as subject matter. For all the prints I made this week, I experimented with using materials to create texture. For all three prints that I made, the material I used was some netting, the kind used to package fruits and vegetables. In the first print (posted two days ago), I ran the plate through the printing press with pieces of netting on it. The second print (posted yesterday) is a ghost image of the first, so the grid pattern was made by ink that remained on the plate once the netting was gone. For this third print, I put the pieces of netting under the brayer and then ran the brayer back and forth over the netting to create texture. Then I ran the plate through the press, and this is the result.

No comments: