Thursday, April 03, 2008

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 1)

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 1) Originally uploaded by randubnick

On Tuesday, I went up to the studio and started a project I have been thinking about for quite a while. I am going to do another collage and decoupage project, similar to the tray I made last summer (which you can find here by searching for "Ribbon Roses" or styrofoam). Just like last time, I am using printed metallic ribbon, given to me by a friend. But this time, I am covering a heart-shaped box which originally held a wonderful Mother's Day gift from my daughter. I saved the box because I wanted to make it into a keepsake box. On Tuesday, I started by covering up the big Clinique label on the front, and worked out this composition as I did so, starting with a few of the cabbage roses leftover from the Ribbon Roses Tray. I am using acrylic gel medium as the glue. I had fun placing the roses and leaves, and had a wonderful time getting this started. I know from making the Ribbon Roses Tray how laborious this can be, but I hope to avoid some of the mistakes I made last time. In any case, I really enjoyed working on this project, and can hardly wait to get back to it.

No comments: