Monday, April 28, 2008

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 5)

Heart Shaped Box (Collage Day 5) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last Wednesday morning, I had to go over to the studio to put away my stuff from printmaking class on Tuesday night. It was a busy week, and I wasn't intending to stay and make art. But once I opened the door to the studio, I decided that the outside world could wait for just a little while. So I worked on this project, a heart-shaped box that once held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. I have been creating a collage and decoupage project out of it with printed metallic ribbons. Because I wasn't planning to stay long, I decided to concentrate on filling in the background with pieces of dark brown ribbon. I also added a bit to the leaves and flowers when the right piece appeared. (Because the right piece of paisley pattern ribbon turned up, I also started working on the side of the box lid. That isn't visible in this photo, but I will post a side view tomorrow.) I stayed for just an hour, but left the studio with more energy to draw from as I returned to the outside world, which was still there, waiting for me.

No comments: