Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Heart Shaped Box, Edge of Top (As of April 23)

Heart Shaped Box, Edge of Top (As of April 23) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is a side view of the collage and decoupage project I have been working on, a keepsake box covered with pieces of printed metallic ribbon. The heart-shaped box originally held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. When I worked on this last Wednesday, I didn't have much time, so just intended to add some pieces of brown ribbon to the background of the floral design on the top. But I found a good sized piece of ribbon in a red and gold paisley design that I really like. I used it to make my "Ribbon Roses Tray" last year, and I didn't think I had very much left. So I decided to start the edge of the top of my heart-shaped box by pasting pieces of the red and gold paisley pattern all around the edge, turning the box as I worked. I will have to use other patterns to complete this, but now I have some pieces of red paisley throughout the edge of box.

No comments: