Monday, April 07, 2008

Mountain Silhouettes (Ghost Print)

Mountain Silhouettes (Ghost Print) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is the second print that I made last Thursday night at printmaking class at Red Brick. It was made by printing a plate a second time without re-inking it, creating a paler version of the same image. I had already made a monotype using two plates (see yesterday's post). I removed the shapes cut from myelar (inked in red); there was still plenty of blue pigment left on the plate, especially where those myelar shapes had been. So I used the plate to print on another piece of paper, and here it is. I was surprised by some of the effects, but pleased on the whole. The texture was created when I pulled off up the myelar sheets, and there are also some traces of red pigment. The image reminds me of the Colorado mountains on a snowy day.

No comments: