Sunday, June 08, 2008

Boston Blues


Boston Blues (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

A friend from Northern Ireland has been visiting the U.S. recently, providing a great excuse for a bit of local sightseeing. This is a photo from last week's outing, a trip to see the new ICA (Institute for Contemporary Art) on the Boston waterfront. But the first stop was our friend's hotel, to see the view that he was so excited about. He was staying at the Westin Boston Waterfront, on the 13th floor, which is where I took this photo. He said the view was even better after dark. (I should mention that he is a big fan of "Boston Legal"). The view was great, so I took some pictures through the window. Well, the weather was unusual last weekend, cool, very overcast, and threatening rain. The skyline was a combination of muted grays when I took the original photo. But when I had the image in the computer, something mysterious happened while I was trying to adjust the contrast or some such and it went blue! My theory is that this happened because I took the photo through the window, and perhaps the glass was polarized or treated in some other way. In any case, I liked the effect, so here is the image, Boston in blue.

No comments: