Monday, June 09, 2008

Colorado Landscape (Near Pinon) Posterized


Colorado Landscape (Near Pinon), Posterized Originally uploaded by randubnick

This image began as a photo that I took a few years ago from the passenger's seat of a friend's car, as we headed back to Pueblo, where I grew up. I came across the photo tonight, cropped it, and then posterized it in Painter IX. To be more specific about the location, this is close to Pinon, Colorado which is about 15 minutes away from Pueblo. This is the landscape of home, the view out the car window on every road trip north to Colorado Springs, Denver, or Boulder. It has been quite a while since the landscape around Pueblo was part of my everyday life (forty years, to be precise) but on visits home I have come to appreciate it more. The side of the road at Pinon was a destination we all joked about as teenagers. But this landscape has a stark beauty that stays with me, along with wonderful memories of Colorado.

No comments: