Saturday, June 07, 2008

Sunshine and Pink Peonies (Digitally Edited Photo)

Sunshine and Pink Peonies (Digitally Edited Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This photo is from an afternoon walk at Long Hill Gardens in Beverly, at the tail end of May. The peonies were blooming all over the place, and so big that you would think you were dreaming! They were blooming in many colors, but I especially liked the pink ones, maybe because when I lived in Lawrence, Kansas, I had pink peonies in my backyard. In any case, it was a lovely afternoon to be at Long Hill Gardens. I liked the way the sunlight was playing on the flowers, so I took some pictures, and this image is cropped from one of the best photos. Tonight just as I was ready to post it, I noticed a pesky string of tree pollon hanging on one of the blossoms. (That stuff is everywhere and I am not surprised it worked its way into my photos.) So I opened the image in Painter IX and brushed off the pollon with a little digital pastel. But apart from that, I did not change the image. The color is just as it came out of the camera, and I did nothing to enhance the amazing afternoon light.

No comments: