Monday, June 30, 2008

Heart Shaped Box, Closeup of Side as of June 22


Heart Shaped Box, Closeup of Side as of June 22 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Life has been even crazier than usual around here, but I haven't forgotten about this collage and decoupage project. I have a heart-shaped box that once held a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. I am using printed metallic ribbons to cover it with collaged and decoupaged designs. This photo shows a closeup view of it from the side. In fact, I left this "work in progress" on display during open studios last weekend. It was very hard to sit in the studio and look at this project and NOT work on it. On the first day of open studios, I didn't work on the piece, but did use any quiet time I had to look for pieces of ribbon. On the second day, with just a few hours left to go in open studios, I decided to do a little work on the piece between visitors. Here is how it looked by the time I packed up to head home.

No comments: