Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Swampscott Beach in Fog

Swampscott Beach in Fog (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I took this photo of the beach at Swampscott, MA, from inside the Red Rock Bistro during brunch last Sunday. Tonight I cropped the photo to get the composition I wanted. One of this restaurant's many attractions is its view of the Boston skyline, but it was much too foggy Sunday morning to have any hopes of seeing that. But that doesn't mean there was nothing to see! I think fog is visually interesting because it calls attention to details that are often overlooked. I loved watching the waves come up onto the beach. In this photo, I was trying to capture the way the curve of the ocean waves mirrors the line of the shore, seen in the houses on the curving road on the right.

No comments: