Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mountains and Sun (Artist Trading Card)

Mountains and Sun (Artist Trading Card) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Yesterday I posted a self-portrait crayon sketch that I drew at a recent reception at Red Brick Studios. Making a self-portrait was one of two activities for artists at the reception. The other activitity was to make an artists' trading card. These little cards are maybe two by three inches. I made a very quick little painting of mountains and red sun, imagery that comes from growing up in Colorado. Left alone to draw anything I'd like, I almost always begin with a sun (a point) and the mountains (a line). I guess you could say this is a signature image. Before I left, I took a quick photo of my little painting, using the top of the stool as a background.

No comments: