Thursday, June 05, 2008

Heart Shaped Box, Side View with Tray (As of June 2)


Heart Shaped Box (Side View with Tray, As of June 2) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Yesterday's photo was of this heart-shaped box, seen from above. Today I am posting the side view. I am covering all of the surfaces of this box with collage and decoupage, made from metallic ribbons printed with paisley and floral patterns. (In the background of this photo is a corner of another such project that I did last year, a collaged styrofoam tray. The posts for that project can be found by searching for "Ribbon Roses".) Well, at this point the top surface of the box is basically finished; now I am working on the sides. I am using red and gold paisley print for the top edge of the lid. I will use mostly gold, with maybe an occasional touch of red, on the sides of the box itself. I chose gold rather than a pattern or color because the sides of the box will need to work with whatever patterns are on the inside of the box as well as on the bottom. (I don't know what those will be yet. I am making this up as I go along!) Apart from the acrylic medium and a little gold paint for the trim, all of the materials for this project are recycled. The box was the container for a Mother's Day gift from my daughter, and the ribbons were in a batch of art and craft materials that a friend was giving away.

No comments: