Monday, June 16, 2008

Hy 1937 (Rescued Photo Posterized)

Hy 1937 (Rescued Photo Posterized) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Yesterday I posted a rescued snapshot of my dad, taken as a young man, back in 1937. I used Painter IX to fix some scratches, improve the composition, and correct the focus. (My father's face was out of focus, but the background focus was quite sharp.) I liked the composition better and it was easier to recognize my dad's face, and for that reason, the version I posted yesterday is my favorite. But I also thought the photo might look good posterized (in Painter IX), so I tried it and here is the result. Even though the photo was black and white, the posterizing introduced some colors into the image. I liked the effect. Then I decided to take it further and try posterizing with a color set, and I will post the result tomorrow.

No comments: