Sunday, July 27, 2008

Basket of Flowers with Blue Wall

Basket of Flowers with Blue Wall (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Today I was cleaning up around the house and decided to go through a large bag that had been hiding in a corner of room. I thought it contained art supplies for the studio. Well, there were some drawing pads in there, but I was happy to find some of my art work in there as well: some watercolors (some complete and some not), oil pastel figure drawings, and some full-size color photocopies of my pastels and watercolors. I had the copies made professionally a few years ago before showing the work. (Now I rely much more on digital images). Today I was glad to see those color copies, because I had sold or given away some of the originals, and had no other images of them. The still life posted here is one of the pastels, done several years ago when I was part of a drawing group. Some friends from the drawing group now own this pastel. But I am glad to have the color copy because the composition is unusual, and the lines of the drawing are very relaxed, something that I like to achieve but seldom do. Well, after going the bag of my art work that had been stashed in the corner, I decided to make sure I have digital photos of everything, including those color photocopies, loaded into into the right file in the computer. (While I am at it, I will post some of it here.) Then I will take the art work to the studio, put the finished things in my portfolio, and work on the unfinished pieces as I get a chance.

No comments: