Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of July 30


Heart Shaped Box as of July 30 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This morning I had to get my car inspected, a yearly chore that is usually quite a nuisance. But this time, I had the inspection done at a garage around the corner from Red Brick, so instead of waiting around for my car, I walked over to my studio and spent about an hour working on this project. I am covering a heart-shaped cardboard box with collage and decoupage patterns created from printed metallic ribbons. I received the box several years ago; it held a Mother's Day present from my daughter. I have been working on the gold area around the side of the box, at the bottom. I am beginning to fill in the bottom edge. I had a good time, and it would have been alright with me if the car inspection had taken even longer!

No comments: