Thursday, July 03, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of June 25


Heart Shaped Box as of June 25 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Although last week was really hectic, I did manage to slip away for an hour here and there to work on this project. This is a keepsake box that I am covering with collage and decoupage made of printed metallic ribbons. I received the box several years ago. It held a Mother's Day present from my daughter, and when this project is finished, I am going to give the keepsake box to her as a gift. A few days ago, I posted a closeup view from the side. But this photo, taken a few days later, shows more of the box. I have been concentrating on the outside of the box top (predominantly red ribbon) and the outside of the bottom of the box (predominantly gold ribbon). I am further along with the red pattern than with the gold, but I am seeing progress. There is a lot of detail work to this project, but I am really enjoying it, and have to force myself to stop working. To be continued. . . .

No comments: