Sunday, August 17, 2008

Between Denver Colorado Springs 2 (Posterized Photo)


Between Denver and Colorado Springs 2 (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Here is the second version of this image. This is a posterized version of a photo from one of my old albums, a view of the mountains between Denver and Pueblo. I saw this view during my recent trip to Colorado, but couldn't take a picture because I was driving (and storm clouds were covering the mountains anyway). So I took the 1988 photo and scanned it into the computer. I used PainterIX to add color overlays and posterize the image, and came up with two versions. The first version has more realistic color. This version, the second, has more impressionistic color, suggesting dreams or memories, so I think it is the best choice for the last day of the trip.

No comments: