Saturday, August 16, 2008

Between Denver and Colorado Springs 1 (Posterized Photo)


Between Denver and Colorado Springs 1 (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

During my too short visit to Colorado, I drove down to Colorado Springs to visit close friends. I have always loved the drive between Denver and Colorado Springs because that is where I usually get my first close look at the mountains, and it often makes me cry. This time, I couldn't take pictures because I was at the wheel, and besides, it was pouring rain. But tonight in one of my albums I found a picture of that view from a trip I made in 1988. (Apparently I was already in the habit of taking pictures from the passenger seat of moving cars!) So I scanned the photo into the computer, then cropped to eliminate the car interior, and cropped again to get the composition I wanted. Then I opened the image in Painter IX and used color overlays (to restore some of the color lost in scanning and enlarging) and posterized the image. I created two different versions, the first with more realistic color, and the second more impressionistic. This is the first version.

No comments: