Monday, August 18, 2008

Another Birthday Rose (Posterized Photo)

Another Birthday Rose (Posterized Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

I have spent the past few days in Colorado, visiting family and friends, and spent last night flying home on a red-eye. Since arriving home early this morning, I have been trying to handle one minor disaster after another, all with far too little sleep. At this point, it is all I can do to just get through the basics. But I did want to make time for this image today. This began with a photo of a pink and white rose, taken with my old soft-focus phonecam and originally posted it here in 2006. Tonight I opened the original version in Painter IX and posterized it. I also used digital pastel to clean up some scraggly foliage in the background, and cropped the image to get the composition I wanted. So there you have it: another birthday rose!

No comments: