Friday, August 15, 2008

Green Mountain Rainstorm


Green Mountain Rainstorm (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I drove up to Boulder on Friday morning to have breakfast with a former teacher, one of my all time favorite people, and it was wonderful to see her! It was raining hard and the mountains were completely covered with clouds. But it doesn't matter because those mountains are always in my mind's eye. I have no photos, so here is a painting that I did when I was an undergraduate at the University of Colorado. This is a watermedia landscape done with acrylic paint. I have always thought of this image as Boulder in a thunderstorm, even though the mountains don't look that much like the Flatirons. (Maybe my memories of the Green Mountain Grainery influenced the title!) I see this painting every day because it is hanging in my house, and when I look at it, I always think of Boulder.

No comments: