Sunday, August 03, 2008

Silver Teapot

Silver Teapot Originally uploaded by randubnick

I did this pastel drawing of a silver teapot several years ago when I belonged to a drawing group here in Beverly. We got together regularly to draw and had group shows. One evening, I drew this silver teapot that belongs to one of my friends. I thought the teapot has an interesting shape, and I wanted to try to capture the colors of the reflections in the metallic surface. This teapot was made in Taunton, Massachusetts, where my friend grew up, and so she wanted to have this drawing. My friend moved away several years ago, but turned up in Beverly for a visit, and I had dinner with her last night. She told me that she still has this drawing. As a coincidence, last week I came across some full-size color copies of my pastels, and this one was among them, so I photographed it and here it is.

No comments: