Saturday, August 09, 2008

Watering Can


Watering Can (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is another of the lost images I recently found. (While I was cleaning out a room, I looked in a bag and found some of my art work: small drawings, watercolors, etc.) This image was in a stack of full-size color copies of pastels. I am in the process of making digital images of everything I found, and loading those images into the computer. So this is a photograph of a color copy! But still, I am glad to have the image. I made this pastel drawing several years ago, when I belonged to a drawing group here in Beverly; we met regularly and drew together. Some of the artists drew from photographs or worked on long-term projects. I liked to set up a still life and draw from observation for a couple of hours. Some of the drawings are better than others, but it was always an excellent exercise. Sometimes I brought fruit for the still life, but sometimes I just created a still life setup from what was on hand. I showed this drawing in one of our group shows. This drawing now belongs to friends who have moved away, so I was glad to come across the image again last week.

No comments: