Friday, August 08, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of August 8


Heart Shaped Box as of August 8 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This morning I took advantage of the cool weather and went to the studio to work on this project for an hour. This is a collage and decoupage project in progress. I am decorating a heart-shaped box (received on Mother's Day several years ago), covering it with patterns cut from printed metallic ribbons. Today I worked on the bottom part of the box, which is going to be predominantly gold. It is a slow process, kind of like doing a jigsaw puzzle, because I am looking for the right pieces (hoping not to run out of gold!) and then trying to find the right place for each piece I find. But it is very enjoyable and calming work, almost like a meditation. Here is how the box looked when I was ready to go back home.

No comments: