Saturday, September 27, 2008

Heart Shaped Box as of September 26


Heart Shaped Box as of September 26 (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Yesterday I finally got back to the studio and had a chance to work on this project for a while. The heart-shaped box once contained a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. Now I am covering it with collage and decoupage patterns cut from printed metallic ribbons. Yesterday, I kept going on the gold areas on the outside of the box, as well as the red patterns on the inside. It felt good to be working on this. About ten days ago, I used the top of this heart shaped box (photo posted here June 4th) as the image for a very early e-mail Valentine to a favorite aunt. Well, mid-September is very early to send a Valentine, but actually I sent it just in time. (She passed away a few days later.) So I'm glad I sent it when I did, and I say, it's always the right time to send a Valentine.

No comments: