Sunday, September 21, 2008

Morning Light in New Hampshire

Morning Light in New Hampshire (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

Two weeks ago, I tagged along to a weekend conference in Lake Placid, New York. The first stop on this little road trip was the University of New Hampshire in Durham. I had an hour to kill before we got back on the road, so I took a little walk on campus. The university is in a beautiful woodland setting. (When I took this photo, I was standing on a path less than five minutes walk from a classroom building. But it was easy to forget that, looking up at the trees!) The morning light was beautiful so I took some photographs. In this one, I tilted the camera upward a little to try to capture the height of the trees, and got some interesting refracted light as a result. What I was after was the sense of peace that I had when I looked at the morning sun on the trees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Randa,
Here is my brother (the ferry pilot) Gerald's blog.

http://childersair.typepad.com/weblog/

Warm regards,
John Childers
720-276-9127

John.W.Childers@prolynx.com

Sheila said...

Hi Randi,
This is a great photo! I have just taken a similar shot in the Rachel Carson Wildlife Refuge in Wells, Maine and you did capture the feeling of height and peace.