Saturday, November 01, 2008

View of Charles River from Storrow Drive (Posterized)

View of Charles River from Storrow Drive (Posterized) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This image is from a photo I took during last week's excursion into Boston. I like going to Boston, and I even like the drive to get there. Storrow Drive is one of the main roads through Boston. It winds along the Charles River, and the scenery is great! But Storrow is also very challenging to drive: Boston traffic, curves and reverse curves at highway speed, city traffic, and lots of tricky entrances and exits. When I am driving, there is zero opportunity to admire the scenery, unless traffic comes to a complete standstill (which sometimes happens). But during last week's trip into Boston, I was in the passenger seat, so I took plenty of pictures. I love the view of the river along the way, and last week the October colors were great. I took some photos as we moved along (and you can see a bit of the motion in the photo). Tonight I trimmed the image and posterized it in Painter IX.

No comments: