Friday, January 30, 2009

Flowers at Lynch Park




Flowers at Lynch Park   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

This is another of the paintings that I finally got around to photographing, earlier in the week.  This is a watercolor that I painted perhaps six or seven years ago.  I met some friends at Lynch Park (a wonderful oceanside park here in Beverly, MA) and we went into the Rose Garden to paint.   We were all members of a drawing group at that time.  I remember being frustrated at having to leave before I could finish this painting.  Tonight I cropped the photo.  In cropping it, I eliminated some of the areas that I felt were unfinished or unresolved, and now I like it better. But what I like best about it is that it makes me feel like painting!

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Hi Randi,
I really like this watercolor, and I'll have to visit that park in the Spring.
Sheila