Thursday, January 01, 2009

Reflections on Roses






Reflections on Roses   Originally uploaded by randubnick

The excitement of New Year's Eve seemed long gone this morning.  And today didn't seem like much of a holiday as I spent it digging out my car, running errands, and catching up with work. The highlight of the day was shaping up to be a hot chocolate on the way to do a grocery run at BJ's Wholesale.  As I slogged through BJ's in my parka, felt hat, scarf, and wet boots,  I felt very far from the Pasadena Rose Parade.  But on the way to the check out stand, I passed a display of roses, so I stopped to take pictures with my digital camera.  Tonight I edited them, and this is one of the best photos.  I like the way the roses are reflected in the cellophane wrapper.  I am happy with this photo just as it is, but tonight I also posterized this photo in Painter, and am very excited with the way it turned out.  I will publish the posterized version here tomorrow.  I guess it pays to stop and smell the roses, no matter when and where you find them. 

No comments: