Monday, February 16, 2009

Digital Daffodils


Digital Daffodils
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Earlier today at my daughter's, I saw some little daffodils growing in a clay pot.  I thought about taking a photograph, but got distracted and forgot to take a picture.  Well, I think of daffodils as the first sign of spring, and here, north of Boston, we get this first glimpse of spring when daffodils appear indoors, because it is still very cold outside. (The crop of bunches of indoor daffodils seems to arrive in the grocery stores about the same time as the annual delivery of Girl Scout Cookies!)  Well, I have been thinking of daffodils all day, so tonight I started to sketch daffodils on the computer, using Painter's digital pastel.  I worked from memory and imagination, creating a bunch of cut daffodils rather than potted ones. But I wasn't sure I had the leaf shape right,  so I did a quick search of daffodil images on Google to confirm, and then left the page of search results open as a general reference as I finished up the sketch.  This was a good drawing exercise, and I had lots of fun sketching these digital daffodils. 

No comments: