Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hopeful Flowers (Posterized)


Hopeful Flowers (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

It is hard to wait for spring, with ice and snow still on the ground.  Here north of Boston, we get a few days above freezing, and then another cold snap.  I always love to look at flowers, but especially around this time of year. Yesterday I saw a bouquet at my daughter's, so I took some pictures.  Tonight I cropped this image out of one of the photos.  I opened the image in Painter and used digital pastel to fix up some some daisy petals that were being pushed out of place by a more assertive flower, and then I posterized the image.  These aren't really spring flowers, but this image of store-bought flowers is a hopeful reminder that time is passing, the earth is turning, the seasons are changing, and spring is inevitable.

No comments: