Monday, May 25, 2009

Sailboat Seen from Shore (Posterized Photo)


Sailboat Seen from Shore (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

A few days ago, during an evening walk at Lynch Park, I saw a beautiful sailboat close to the shore.  I hurried to take a photograph, and managed to capture the image, but the focus was a bit fuzzy.  But there was something about the picture that I liked.  So tonight I used iPhoto to crop this image out of the original version, working to get the composition I wanted.  I also adjusted the shadows.  Then I opened the image in Painter, sharpened the focus a little, and then posterized it, experimenting with the controls until I got the effect I wanted. There's something about the sailboat and the park bench. I thought this image seemed right for Memorial Day, for all those who sailed away, and for those who watched them leave and hoped for them to return.

No comments: