Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Massachusetts Farm Stand (Drawing)


Massachusetts Farm Stand (Drawing)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday, I had to drop off my car to get the brakes fixed, and knew I was going to spend an hour or two waiting for it, hanging around at a nearby Starbucks.  So I decided to take a sketchbook along.  (I grabbed a new one, with recycled paper, pale brown, and also took along a Sharpie pen. )  After I had some coffee (and another piece of Luscious Lemon Tart), I started drawing.  I wanted to do another exercise with texture, so I decided to draw a Massachusetts farm stand.  I was drawing out of my imagination, but also from memories of the many farm stands around here. I had a great time, fully occupied for about an hour and a half.  I didn't mind waiting, even though it took a bit longer than expected.  I noticed that once I finished the drawing, I suddenly became much more aware of the time (and found myself impatient to get on with my day). But I had so much fun drawing, I liked the little pen and ink sketch, and in fact, the time spent waiting for my car repair was a gift. 

No comments: