Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of June 1, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of June 1, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday afternoon, I had an errand at Red Brick, and decided to stay and spend an hour in the studio, working on this project.  (This heart-shaped box once was the container for a Mother's Day present from my daughter.)  I am covering this box with decoupage and collage patterns created from printed metallic ribbons.  Yesterday I continued the (apparently everlasting) task of pasting pieces of gold ribbon around the perimeter of the box.  I am really seeing progress now, and am really just filling in remaining gaps.  As I went along, I also added some red pieces to the interior, which still has a way to go. Life has been hectic, so it might seem counter-productive to go to the studio to make art.  But that is when I need it most.  I am not just working on a heart-shaped box.  I am working on myself.  After an hour, I head back into my busy schedule, but with a more peaceful feeling in my heart.

No comments: