Monday, June 01, 2009

Watercolors of Portugal at Barnes & Noble Cafe


Watercolors of Portugal at Barnes & Noble Cafe
Originally uploaded by randubnick

Today I spent the morning hanging some of my paintings in the cafe at the local Barnes & Noble (North Shore Mall in Peabody, MA). Even though this is a small show (just six paintings), it was a bit of a workout, with lots of schlepping, as well as climbing up and down. It was also a mental workout as I tried to make sure the paintings were evenly spaced.  (It is a bit of a challenge to do this when you are hanging paintings from S hooks with fishing line. You have figure out how much fishing line to cut, and have to use approximately the same amount of to tie knots on each piece, etc. )  Added to this was the time pressure of trying to hang the show after the morning coffee crowd but before the lunch crowd. So I was feeling pretty stressed. But things came together at the end, and all of a sudden, as soon as I had all the paintings up on the wall, I was happy with the way they looked and very excited about the show.  It opens today, and will be up through June and July. 

No comments: