Friday, July 24, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of July 24, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of July 24, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a project that I am making out of a heart-shaped box that once held a Mother's Day present from my daughter.  Now I am covering it with collage and decoupage created from printed metallic ribbons that were given to me by a friend. This morning I went to the studio to work on this project for a while.  I forced myself to begin with the most tedious task, finding small bits of gold ribbon to fill in gaps around the side.  I also added some red pieces to the interior. Finally I worked on the inside of the lid, which I am covering in a crewel pattern that is predominantly pink, with some fuscia, purple, and orange.  I think it is going to look good against the other parts of the box.

No comments: