Friday, August 07, 2009

Heart Shaped Box as of August 6, 2009


Heart Shaped Box as of August 6, 2009
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday we had a little break in the hot weather. I went to the studio to work on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage cut from printed metallic ribbon. It was still very warm in the studio, so for the first half hour I concentrated on the inside of the box top because I am using larger pieces of ribbon right now. (That matters because the warmer it is, the stickier everything gets, and the smaller the pieces are, the harder they are to handle.) I spent the last half hour filling in tiny gaps around the perimeter of the box (gold area) with little tiny bits of ribbon, and adding some pieces to the red area on the inside of the box. After about an hour, everything was sticking to everything else, my hands were all over glue, and I felt like I was in a sauna. But I was happy.

No comments: