Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Woods in Durham NH (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)


Woods in Durham NH (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

I have been moving out of my little studio at Red Brick and getting set up to paint at home again. Yesterday I started this painting in my kitchen, an oil bar landscape of woods in Durham, New Hampshire. I am working from a photo that I took on the University of New Hampshire campus last September. Yesterday I blocked in the colors and basic composition. I have an art show coming up, and it is great to have a project right now, motivating me to start painting right away in this transition from a studio in an art community to studio space at home. Today I finished moving out of the studio at Red Brick and got a good start on setting up my home studio.

No comments: