Sunday, January 03, 2010

Path and Footbridge (Oil Bar Painting Day 2)


Path and Footbridge (Oil Bar Painting Day 2)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is another oil bar painting that I have been working on, and this is how it looked when I had finished painting on Day 2, which was December 29th. I decided to paint the path first, because unless the perspective is right, this painting won't work. So there is no point in starting by painting in a lot of trees! The purple area looks a little strange out of context, but there are shadows on the path in the foreground. (You can see purple shadows in my reference photo, a picture that I took of a footbridge on the campus of the University of New Hampshire. The photo is called "Path and Footbridge at UNH," posted on this site on July 2, 2005.

No comments: