Thursday, July 15, 2010

Just Blueberries (Digitally Edited Photo)


Just Blueberries (Digitally Edited Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday I opened a package of blueberries to go with dinner. They were such a beautiful blue that I decided to take a quick picture, even though dinner was already late. I took a couple of photos, but couldn't get the lighting right (white countertop, black stove). So the photos I got were blurred with washed out color. Well, it was getting too late, so I had to forget about it. Tonight I decided to try to see if I could do anything with my photos of those blueberries. I chose the best of the photos I had, and used iPhoto to crop, straighten, and sharpen the image. Then I also adjusted the color, adding saturation, and kicking up both blue and red tint. Obviously these blueberries are far from natural. But digital editing brought the color much closer to the blueberries that I actually saw last night.

No comments: