Monday, August 23, 2010

Heart Shaped Box as of August 22, 2010


Heart Shaped Box as of August 22, 2010
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Yesterday I had a chance to work on this project for a while, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with collage and decoupage created from printed metallic ribbons. I am trying to finish the red interior, and at this point, am just filling in tiny gaps. It is very time consuming, takes forever to cut and fit the pieces, and progress is hard to see. So to add some motivation, I decided to start working on the next part of the project as well, which is the interior wall. I am using a pink and red pattern that has some green and blue in it, echoing the floral pattern on the top and bottom of the box. I started to cut and paste some squares in, just to see how it will look. I was happy with it, and even better, felt like I was making progress! You can see some of the squares in the photo, which is why I photographed the project from this angle.

No comments: