Saturday, September 04, 2010

Heart Shaped Box as of September 4, 2010


Heart Shaped Box as of September 4, 2010
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today I took a break to work on this project, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with decoupage and collage designs created from printed metallic ribbon. This afternoon, I concentrated on the inside wall of the box. I hope to use only one pattern for this area: pink background with a paisley design in red, blue, and green (echoing the colors on the top and bottom of the box.) I only have one ribbon printed with this pattern, so I am leaving gaps as I work in case I need to add additional patterns. I started at the base with as much pale pink as possible to contrast with the adjacent red area. Then I established a border around the top using several blue and pink motifs repeated within the ribbon's paisley pattern. I had a lot of fun and worked on this longer than I had planned.

No comments: