Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our Rose (Posterized Photo)


Our Rose (Posterized Photo)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This morning I wanted to find a good picture of Rose. I thought of the photos that I took of her in July, so I looked through them. The best of them all was a photo of Rose with one of her grandsons. I love that photo, but today I needed an image of just Rose. So I duplicated the original because I want to keep it as it is, and opened the copy in Painter. I cropped the photo, and then used digital pastel, along with some fancy cut-and-paste work to turn a photo of two people into a single portrait. Then I did a little bit of posterizing, and here it is. What I like best about this photo is the expression on her face, no doubt because she was happy to be with her grandson.

No comments: