Sunday, September 12, 2010

One of a Kind Rose (Posterized)


One of a Kind Rose (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Back in August, I took photographs of some roses that I passed by while walking from the bank to Starbucks. (Someone planted several beautiful rose bushes in front of a little row of stores.) I thought this pink and white rose was unique so I took a picture. But when I transferred the photo into the computer, I could see that I had accidentally cut off the bottom edge of the rose. There wasn't any way to crop my way out of the problem, so I didn't do anything with the photograph. Tonight I decided to solve the problem. I opened the image in Painter, and adjusted the size of the "canvas" by adding pixels to the bottom edge. Then I used digital pastel to draw in the missing parts of the rose petals. I also simplified the background, and then I posterized the image to get this result.

No comments: