Friday, October 08, 2010

Fields of Greens (Posterized)


Fields of Greens (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Like yesterday's post, this image began with a photograph that I took during a weekly trip to The Food Project at Beverly, MA. (This project is Community Supported Agriculture or CSA, and on Thursdays we go to pick up our vegetables.) Yesterday we went out to the field to pick our own kale and Swiss chard. I loved the colors and patterns, so I took a photograph of the field. Tonight I opened the original photo in Painter and used some digital pastel to obscure a big hose, and to clean up a few leaves. Then I posterized the image, and cropped it to emphasize the converging lines. I called it "Fields of Greens" because I like the pun, lots of greens in this picture, for cooking and for painting.

No comments: