Saturday, November 20, 2010

Many Fall Colors


Many Fall Colors
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Today I was thinking about using digital patterns in Painter. I thought I had created some patterns of autumn leaves, but I couldn't find what I was looking for. Pattern files seem to disappear when you upgrade Painter, and I have never figured out how to solve the problem. However, creating a pattern from an existing image is a snap. So I poked around in my image files and found a posterized photograph of leaves, called "Fall Colors" that I posted here back on Nov. 30 0f 2007. I opened the image in Painter and "captured" it as a pattern. Then I opened a new image, and used the paint bucket tool to fill it with this pattern. Then I cropped it, and here it is. That was all I had time for today, because I had a sudden invitation to have an adventure, so I quickly saved this file before I grabbed my camera and set off for Halibut Point. Now I will be able to use this pattern with my pattern pen to make "digital prints". I hope to be able to do that sometime this week. Coming soon: more with this pattern, and photos from my adventure at Halibut Point.

1 comment:

Minka said...

Very cool!
Love, Mindy