Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January Dawn Through Screened Window


January Dawn Through Screened Window
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is cropped from a photo that I took about ten days ago. (Here north of Boston, we have had so many snowstorms lately that they are all beginning to run together in my head, but this was definitely mid-January.) This was taken around seven AM. I wanted to capture the snow-covered trees against the colors of the sky, so I grabbed my camera and took a picture through a screened window. I didn't set out to capture the screen particularly, but I wasn't worried about it either, because I know that sometimes it works to add texture to the image. In this case, as it turns out, I did like the effect. Tonight I opened the original picture in iPhoto and straightened the image (especially important with this picture so the mesh of the screen wouldn't be too far out of sync with the rest of the image). Then I cropped the image once, and then cropped it again to get this composition.

No comments: