Sunday, February 13, 2011

Heart Shaped Box as of February 13, 2011


Heart Shaped Box as of February 13, 2011
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is a collage and decoupage project in progress, a heart-shaped box that I am covering with designs created from bits of printed metallic ribbon. Yesterday and again today, I have been working on finishing the inside wall of the box, filling in gaps. As the gaps get smaller, the work becomes more intense because it is hard to handle the tiny pieces of ribbon. Today I finally finished the inside wall, although no doubt I will find mistakes to fix. I feel like I might actually finish this project sometime this decade. What is still left to do: fill in remaining gaps on the red area in the interior of the box (which I started doing today, using bright red-orange pieces), and then finish the interior wall of the top of the box. At this point, I plan to paint that surface with gold paint. To be continued. . . .

No comments: