Monday, February 14, 2011

Red Roses (Posterized)


Red Roses (Posterized)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

It is fun to see all the flowers on display in the stores this time of year, a great contrast to the ice and snow still piled up outside. This image started with a photograph that I took with my iPhone over the weekend during a trip to Whole Foods. Although the iPhone camera faithfully captured the colors and lighting, unfortunately it also captured several labels, tags, and floral wire that I hadn't seen in my excitement over the flowers. Oh, well. If you wait for anything to be perfect (love, flowers, or just a photograph), you can end up waiting a long, long time. So tonight I opened the original photo in Painter and used digital pastel to draw over the unwanted items to make them disappear. I also used just a little cut-and-paste. Then I posterized the image a little bit, and cropped it to get this composition.

No comments: